Monday, October 15, 2012

Quick Update

My quick update is about Chloe and the RSV shot.
At the beginning of October, I called the pharmacy that will ship the shot to the doctor.  They said they got approval from our health provider but they can't release it until RSV season starts and for Michigan that's November 1. They will contact me later in the month to get some approvals.

Last week we received a letter from the health care provider saying they've reviewed everything and coverage is denied.  There is a sentence that says she is eligible for 5 shots but the doctor asked for more than 5 (2 shots for each month because of her weight).  I'm not sure if they know that Chloe's weight is why the doctor ordered more than 5 but I took it to the doctor's office and I have to follow up to see if she had time to read it.  I wasn't sure if all is denied or just over 5.  The reason over 5 is denied is because there have been no clinical test showing the effectiveness of more than one dose.  Normally, infants receive the shot, in RSV season up to age 2.  If Chloe had gotten the shots last year, she probably wouldn't need it this year.  She was doing fine last year until our day care closed and we had to send her and Kylie to a different, bigger one where, a month later, she had RSV in March. I'm a little worried right now as she has a cold. I could tell it was a bit hard for her to breathe through her nose last night : (  Poor baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment