Friday, November 16, 2012

Banging My Head Against the Wall

"You have got to be kidding me."  I told the nurse at the doctor's office this morning when I brought Chloe in for her RSV shot. They didn't have the vaccine. I called the pharmacy on Tuesday to make sure it would be there, they had said something about giving consent in October but I had heard nothing so I called.  I gave consent the representative said that they can release it to the doctor's office and it should be there by Friday. It wasn't so the office was going to call and I called as well.  Somehow I missed on Tuesday that the doctor's office needed to call and work out the delivery schedule, that's why they didn't ship it.  I guess it obviously wasn't clear when I said "Her appointment is on Friday, the vaccine will be there?"  The answer was "yes, we ship overnight."  So maybe she will get it on Monday or Tuesday. 
I was getting a little irritated and I told the representative today that Chloe's suppose to have these shots November through March and I'm getting concerned we're halfway through November.  Will they still be effective if she misses the first one?  I also a little worried she'll get RSV before she receives the shot.
I put my trust in Jesus, it will work out.

This morning Chloe used her little potty!!  The only thing is she was holding her washcloth (for her bath) between her legs to catch the pee.  ??? My only thought is she thinks that's how it works and doesn't understand yet we go, then we wipe. Not wipe as we go. I gave her praise for going. Hey, washcloths are cheaper to wash than buying a pack of diapers.  Chloe is also saying 'yes' and 'no' instead of always nodding her head.

I love my family. : ) We've been through a lot, but I can truly see the blessings we have. 

Chloe had her adjusted age 18 month assessment on Monday. It went great! She didn't get referred to any services and she doesn't have to come back for an adjusted 2 year assessment!!  I think she really showed up the physical therapy folks. She was running, trying to jump, kicking and rolling a ball, doing her yoga ball (she lays her belly on the ball with hands on the floor and balances quite well).  Her range of age is 18 months (because she only has 20 words which is 18 month old) to 23 months (she understands tons). She is short for 21 months (her real age) at 2 feet 7.75 inches, it's the 13th percentile.  She weighs 28 pounds and that's the 87th percentile.  The doctor said she doesn't need to adjust to 18 months because she is big, fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment