Sunday, January 27, 2013

Prayers Needed

I wish I was just writing about the birthday celebration we had for Chloe, but I'm not. What's on the forefront of my mind is Chloe being sick.  She's had a fever last week and on Saturday and then she has a cough, but now it seems she barely has a voice.  Poor girl, we're afraid this is turning into RSV - which just means a cold that she can't handle well by herself. Luckily we have some arbuterol from last year (I thought we didn't but we did).  It helps open the airways so we started giving that to her. I'm calling the doctor in the morning. Chloe just had her 2 year appointment on Friday and the doctor mentioned not liking the sound of her lungs, but Chloe wasn't cooperating well as she knows that room is the "bad" room where she gets her shots.  She just had the last sets of RSV shots on the 18th.  These don't prevent RSV, it's suppose to help fight it so she doesn't end up in the hospital. Grrr, sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Round and round, same thing as before.  I trust God and his plan, but I hope we are not being negligent somehow - not taking her to the ER or something along those lines.  At least, Joel pointed out, she is still acting like herself, wanting to play. We are watching what she eats because it does seem her appetite has decreased.  We are pumping her full of fluids, though. I even got some Pedialyte. She missed her party on Saturday.  She was so cranky at the start of it that we put her to bed and she didn't wake up at all (except when I woke her to change her diaper and put her into pj's). 

I wanted to talk to about how she is almost 30 pounds and is 33.5 inches long.  That her party was a "Dress Up" party.  I got the idea Thursday night.  She likes dressing up, so that was the focus.  We put out the dress up stuff and Kylie and her (they were the only kids except a 6 month old) dressed up.  Then we had "dress you salad" and "dress your dog" with some other food as well.  It went really well, except Chloe wasn't there.  She opened her gifts today. Kylie wants the Dora costume and swim doll that Chloe got.  Oh boy.  Great time to learn lessons in sharing and you can't always have what others have.

I also wanted to post pictures.  Someday.

The main focus is just making sure we are attentive to Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment