Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 25

It's day 25 of the remodel of the upstairs (I'm excluding the downstairs right now because that's going on day 2,557). I'm doing okay with it, there have only been a couple of times when I got frustrated.  What's more frustrating is the heat we have.  There is no air conditioning in the house, we do have window units for our bedroom and for Kylie's bedroom so it's comfortable at night. And of course since the girls don't have anywhere to play but the bedrooms, it's perfect.  These bedrooms are not big so it can get crowded quick with lots of toys around. I'm glad we have the plastic pool for the backyard too.  It's funny watching Chloe. I start putting water in the pool and she just climbs right in and sits down. "I'm ready mom!"  She loves water.

Hopefully we get some rain, now!  I'm afraid some fireworks are going to set the house on fire.  It happened to the church we used to attend.  That's the theory anyway, fireworks. Nothing official yet as it happened at about 1AM Sunday. They salvaged a crucifix and some chalices from inside and that was all.  I remember they had a campaign to raise money to improve the sound system, air/heat, add stain glass windows, new bathrooms, and some other things. They had done most of that, the latest was adding some beautiful stained glass windows.  They will rebuild but wow.

That's all the time I have. I will be traveling with the girls to Iowa today. I pray the trip goes well. We'll be back on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment