Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No Internet

Currently, because of some remodeling, we don't have internet. It's a bit frustrating but would I have written anything if we did have the internet?  Maybe and maybe not. I probably would have so that way I don't get behind in the saga that is life.  When you last read about the Emerson's you learned about Father's Day and Joel not getting a boy Barbie.  Well, Joel didn't get his Barbie but he did find, for a $1, a Barbie pool.  One that you can put water in. Oh boy.  Can you imagine what happened?  I can't remember why Kylie didn't want anything to do with Joel (this is pretty normal as he's off doing house projects like he needs to be). I suggested he show her what he picked up and he did. Kylie was so excited.  She got out a few Barbies but only one went in the pool because she was the one wearing the swimsuit. She also let her Polly Pockets who had swimsuits swim as well.  They played in the dinning room because it's wood flooring with an area rug and a nice flat surface for the pool.  I don't remember what I was exactly doing when the flood came, I think I was coming upstairs from putting laundry in. Kylie said "The pool broke!"  Oh no. Sure enough, one side couldn't hold the water much longer and bent (it's plastic inflatible), water came flooding out and went on the table, rug, and floor. Now we know that's either an outside toy or a tub toy.

Meanwhile, Chloe last week was not herself. It started with a cough and then turned to fever. I think the cause was the air conditioner blowing air over her at night because she is in the pac n play in our bedroom, that and she has 3 new teeth pop up.  She now has 4 on top and 4 on bottom, that I can see, maybe there is more.  She was just miserable last week. We can tell she is feeling better because she leaves a path of destruction wherever she goes in our house. Joel calls her Chlozilla.

The remodel. What to say about the remodel?  Not that the whole house isn't in remodel already, but for the most part it was the first floor.  Now it's moved to the third floor. At least it seems to moving along quickly, still not quick enough when you have 2 young children that don't really have a place to play.  I feel like telling people "currently we live in a 2 bed, 1 bath apartment." That's how it feels. At least it's nice outside and we have been spending time in the backyard. Joel got a little plastic pool for the girls to sit in, they both love it. Kylie wants to go out every night and sit in it but she hasn't so far this week because by the time we have dinner it's too late to spend enough time outside to make it worthwhile.

So, new flooring, new ceiling, new window, and new paint will complete the room. We are working on clean up of all drywall dust so we can get to 'new paint' stage.  I get bogged down in the details, like there are over 50 shot glasses that need to be cleaned up because of the dust. Mind you, I was not there for the "take down and store things elsewhere phase." I wish I was. Not that it matters too much, the dust seems to be everywhere.  So depending on the hour, I hate this project or I love this project. It will look great when it's all done. I'll see about some pictures. I'm not sure if we really have any "before" pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment