Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

I'm a bit behind in posting but it's hard when everything in the house is torn apart, literally.
I will say this weekend was a good weekend. Our house is a mess, more than usual, but I managed to put it out of my mind, for the most part (though, women don't forget).  Saturday we went to a birthday party for Joel's niece who turned one. The van we just bought in December had a cracked radiator cap and the stupid tire must have ran over something so Joel had some issues to address while at the party but things worked out and we made it home by 10. Thank goodness this didn't happen when it was just me and the girls going to or coming from Iowa. 

Sunday Joel finished putting a window in our third floor (yes, we had a gapping hole in our house for a week, that story will be for another time). I made Kylie work. She swiffered the kitchen and hall floor then washed it while Chloe slept. In the afternoon we went outside. Kylie ate most of the raspberries I picked off our bushes. Joel got 5 and I had 3, Kylie had 15. Chloe loved going down the slide and the little daredevil was trying to climb up the slides we have, good thing her shoes were wet from playing in a bucket of water and she couldn't get any traction.  For dinner, we took Joel to Smokey Bones. Chloe loves pulled pork and mashed potatoes.  We got Joel a 59 piece tool kit so he would stop taking and using mine and not putting it back.  We did not get him the boy Barbie Kylie wanted to get him. She also wanted to get him flowers which we kind of did, I got two hanging baskets and some petunias for my box garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment