Monday, June 11, 2012

The Farm

Kylie, Chloe, and I arrived safely at my parents house on Wednesday evening. I stopped for an hour and a half in Illinois to let them run around. Chloe isn't as acclaimated to car trips like Kylie is. She'll get used to it. It wasn't too bad. Last year when she needed a bottle was worse. I was able to feed Chloe by reaching behind me with her food and she would grab it and eat it.

We've been having a good time in Iowa. My dad only has 24 pigs left which is quite amazing when he used to have about 2,000 on the farm at any one time. He has also been deconstructing most of the buildings on the farm. Looks very different to me. The one they are working on now I remember being built when I was in high school (I think). I just remember I had to run and tell one of the roofers his wife was in labor so he high tailed it out of there. I guess that was over 15 years ago. Wow! I took some pictures of the girls by the pigs but these pigs are not the cute little ones everyone loves. I believe these will be leaving the farm soon. I need to take more pictures of the girls here to get a good scrapbook of The Farm.

I was thinking of naming this post "Still Tired" or "Even More Tired" because I have not gotten any real rest here. I sleep with Kylie, who sometimes sleep talks and walks. The other night I caught her before she ran off the bed but she jumped up and said "I'm running" I said "no, no, no don't run." Plus Chloe is in the crib in the room and will cry out now and then even though she is sleeping. Ugh. Last night was bad because I choose to have coffee with this delicious cake my brother in law made but the coffee was regular. So I fell asleep at 11:00 but woke up periodically because of crying or feet kicking and then at 1:30 to 2:30 I was awake and couldn't get back to sleep. Then my mind was all over the place. I was thinking "I can't do this anymore." I honestly don't know how I'll make it back to Michigan, I'm going to be so tired. I'm going to try to get some naps in but it's hard because Chloe wants me whenever she sees me and then Kylie gets jealous and hangs on me too. I got away now because Chloe is napping and Kylie is busy playing with her cousins who are also staying at my parent's house. I'm suppose to be studying for an insurance test too. I'd like to take a test end of June but not sure if that will happen.

Time is definitely flying here. I've attached some pictures.











2 comments:

  1. Great pics Lisa - thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures; love the bathtub one...sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete