Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nice Weekend

Nice weekend we had, the weather was good, a bit windy though so we didn't want Chloe in that without a hat.  I thought of taking the girls to the park but when I was outside this morning, a gust of wind came strong and I thought "nope."  Joel had to go into work today to catch up so it was just the girls and we watched a movie. Kylie likes Despicable Me which Joel bought for us to watch in the hospital last year after the laser ablation surgery in Milwaukee.  I had to tell him to turn it off because it hurt to laugh so he just watched it on the laptop with headphones.
Kylie and I made pumpkin pie with real pumpkin I had made up last weekend to make pumpkin soup, which I made way too spicy for me, too much black pepper and/or cayenne pepper.  I also got some house chores done but otherwise a pretty laid back day.
Yesterday Kylie had her first ballet class. It didn't go so well.  It's a closed class so the parents have to leave and either run errands or go across the hall and sit in another room.  Kylie was not having any of that. I wished I wasn't the one to take her because I think she might be more shy when she is with me just because that's how I am too. The teacher let her and I watch from the door.  I kept to the side so the little girls could only see Kylie and they were asking why she wasn't joining them.  Plus the sheet said comfortable clothes and ballet slippers.  I should have known that all the little girls would have a ballet outfit. Next week we'll go back and I hope she wants to participate, I kept saying to her "what are they doing, do you want to go in there too?"  No luck.  I believe we have a few dance outfits that pass for ballerina that she could wear.  Why did I sign her up for this?  Oh that's right, they moved the gymnastics to a Wednesday morning.
Yesterday afternoon we went to church and had dinner. After dinner I let Kylie make a Christmas tree.  It's a great idea we got from her Turtle magazine. You take a sugar cone, mix green food coloring with white frosting (I had to mix yellow and blue but it turned into a better green). Spread the frosting on the cone and then decorate with marshmallows, m&m's or other candies.  I just bought a things of 4 different sprinkles and we shake those on the tree.  One of the sprinkles are stars so we make sure to get one on the top of the tree. Kylie had the green tree, Joel and I had white ones as I didn't feel like coloring more frosting.  We made these last weekend too, so I still have frosting to use up. 
Tomorrow morning is the 2 hour developmental appointment.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, that top box with the "submit" next to it is where you can put in your email and then whenever I blog, you will get an email saying I've updated the blog.

    ReplyDelete