Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I wrote this to another woman on my Facebook TTTS Survivors with Gaurdian Angels group and I want to share it here:
It was crazy on Wednesday night my parents were watching the news and I was flossing my teeth, I heard something about people spending last Thanksgiving in the hospital. I had a feeling it was a TTTS story and it was! I was excited, TTTS is getting recognition! But of course it was a happy ending story as both boys survived (born at 27 wks) and are doing great a year later. I don't think they went into much detail on the disease, it was a short story. I was upset after it aired because that's the only publicity TTTS gets - the happy endings ones.  I want to contact that TV station and say "hey, you guys need to research and report that not all the babies make it. If I hadn't gone through the experience personally I would think from that story if I got pregnant with twins and had TTTS, the babies might be born early but they'd be okay."
That's all.  Missing my Faith tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment