Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Eye Appointment

Chloe had an eye appointment last Friday.  I completely forgot to blog about it, not that's I've blogged in awhile.  She is a bit near-sighted.  The doctor wasn't too concerned as Chloe's world is around her and she doesn't really need to see far away.  She will be checked again in 6 months as the eyes can change.  No glasses yet.

December 7 is World TTTS Awareness Day. I would like to remind all about this horrible disease.  Here is some information off the tttsfoundation.org site.  The woman who founded this also has a survivor and an angel.  I feel early detection is key. I would say I was not detected early as I was 19 weeks, but that's what happens when your first pregnancy was normal, no early checks.

-Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) is a disease of the placenta (or afterbirth) that affects identical twin pregnancies.
-TTTS affects identical twins (or higher multiple gestations) who share a common monochorionic placenta.
-The shared placenta contains abnormal blood vessels which connect the umbilical cord and circulations of the twins.
-The common placenta may also be shared unequally by the twins
-The events in pregnancy that lead to TTTS are all random.
-TTTS is not hereditary or genetic, nor caused by anything the parents did or did not do.
-TTTS can happen to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment