Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

We went to Iowa for Thanksgiving.  It was a good time. The drive wasn't too bad, but I only drove for 30 minutes.  We left at 3:20 and got to my parents at 10:45 (9:45 central time).  The girls were pretty good, Chloe had a rough patch for awhile where she wouldn't calm down.  Kylie was just fine the whole time because she just watched movies.
I got to sleep with Kylie all weekend - that's an experience.  She turned 180 a couple of nights and usually she'd have to have some part of her touching me. Plus she talks in her sleep and grinds her teeth. Oh boy.  I don't like the grinding teeth part but I'm not sure how to go about fixing that.
Joel had Chloe in his room and she was having "crib parties" as he calls them.  She would get up at 3 and not really go back to sleep unless he was rocking her in a chair. Except on Thursday night when Joel went shopping all night.  He was at Best Buy at 5 PM Thursday and was number 100 in line.  His picture was on the front of the paper.  He got what we wanted.  He's crazy but I think he enjoys doing this once a year.

I feel off on my seasons and it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving.  It's probably because I missed last winter and most of spring that I'm messed up.  Some days I think to myself "the warmer weather will be here soon. Oh wait, no it won't."  That time I thought would never come back in March is here, Chloe is doing great (except she has a cold, poor girl) and I am so thankful for her progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment