Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Can I skip this month?

I want to skip this month, it seems every other thought I have is "last year this" and "last year that." So I want to by pass January, but I know that is not good because Chloe and Faith date of birth is in January.  I want Chloe's birthday to be good and special but what about Faith. How do we celebrate her too?  I have heard of releasing balloons at the grave site as an option. I think Joel and I have decided to try and give back to the NICU where Chloe and Faith spent their first 5 weeks (or 35 days) of life.  I guess as long as it comes from the heart, it will be beautiful.

I forgot to tell my little story about Sunday when Joel and I were packing up the van to come home from up north. My mother-in-law gave us a washing machine, which Joel forgot to mention to me that we were getting this one. I'm fine with it because I was thinking on Friday that it would be nice to have 2 washers to get the clothes done faster.  Plus the basement seems to be getting a little cleaner as Joel had to organize it a little to get the washer in place.  In order to load the washer in the van, all the seats needed to be folded down. The back middle seat has the shoulder strap connected from ceiling to seat. Joel asked me if I knew how to disconnect that strap.  I go look at it and it looks like you just push in this red part of the clip.  I couldn't get it with my fingers, maybe because it was cold out, so I used Kylie's Cinderella Barbie that was conveniently in the van.  Her arm worked perfectly.  I was able to release the strap so seat could go down.  Joel said "Great, what am I suppose to do if there's not a Barbie in the van?"  Good question.  We'll find out if that ever happens.  We don't need that strap unless someone is sitting in the back middle which hardly ever happens.

That's my story.  What would we do without Barbie? 

No comments:

Post a Comment