Wednesday, January 18, 2012

To Go to Work or Not Go to Work, That is the Question

I have a head cold.  I'm pretty sure Chloe has the same thing, lucky girl can sleep all she wants to help her get better. I have to go to work. Well, I don't have to, I just do. It's in my moral being to keep chugging along no matter how bad I feel. Plus at work I don't have separate sick days, it's all rolled into Paid Time Off (PTO) so who wants to take a day off if they feel miserable when they could take a day off for vacation?  Or in my case take a day off when eventually one of the kids gets sick and I have to stay home with them. I don't feel miserable, just stuffed up.
If I stay home and I tell Kylie "Mommy is sick and is staying home to rest." She will say "I'm sick too, can I stay home with you?"  Not the best way to get rest - having a 3 year old around.  She is getting that age where she will say she doesn't feel good and you can't tell if she's telling the truth or doesn't want to do something.  She's only done it a couple of times.  Monday I told her it was school and she said "I thought you said I was done with school?"  Me, smiling: "Oh honey, you won't be done with school for a long, long time." I told her Friday it was her last day of school for the week, somehow when she asked, I thought she was asking if it was forever.

I wrote the above yesterday and then was too tired to finish so I just went to bed.  I did leave work early to get some more rest and I seem to be doing better.  I hope Chloe is too.  She always wakes up with all these boogers all over her face from rubbing her nose in the night.  She's become the Booger Monster : )  Her birthday is Sunday so she needs to be ready to party.  Unfortunately she can't eat some of the foods you'd give a 1 year old, so instead of cake I think I'll make her rainbow jello.  She likes that and bananas.  It's funny to watch her eat bananas too, that will also be on her menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment