Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hospital

Yesterday, Chloe was not doing well. She actually hasn't been doing well all week.  But yesterday she sounded bad and she wouldn't play, just wanted to be held. I was at work in the morning and then I leave at noon so Joel can go to work. He called and said he didn't like how Chloe was doing.  I thought I better get her in to see someone. The doctor's office closes at noon on Wednesday, so that wasn't an option. I had taken Chloe home and she seemed okay, but I did not like her cough.  We went to the DeVos Children's Hospital's ER.  She tested positive for Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).  It is a very common virus that leads to mild, cold-like symptoms in adults and older healthy children. It can be more serious in young babies, especially to those in certain high-risk groups. They kept her overnight for observation.

This morning, the doctor said they need to get things under control, she needs to maintain oxygen levels on her.  So now she is in the hospital for who knows how long, maybe a couple of days, maybe longer.  Doesn't help I have a cold right now. Most likely she picked this up from the new day care she's at. She was there 4 and a half days.  Because of her prematurity and her chronic heart (the pulmonary valve) the treatment is a bit different.  Sounds like we'll have to give her breathing treatments for at least a month or longer.

I'm staying at the hospital (writing this at home because I can't seem to get to blog from my phone, but they have computer there).  Last night I slept in a not so comfy chair. Tonight there is a couch that converts to a full size bed - yipee.
I've got to get back to Chloe.  My poor little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment