Friday, February 24, 2012

Chloe Pictures from Hospital

 Chloe playing with the stethoscope.
 Poor sick baby girl.
 All better!
Chloe taking her baby for a walk.  She is starting to walk behind movable objects now. I have to be in front of her, otherwise the object would go too fast.

This morning I had to wait for the washer repair man to show up and fix our washer.  We bought it in 2009 and got the 4 year warrenty as well.  Good thing, huh?  Well, let me share a story with everyone.
I went outside to shovel snow as the repair man was going to show up soon (he called and said he was).  I don't know why I shoveled as the snow was falling pretty good at the time. Right now it doesn't look like I did a thing, oh well. Good exercise.  The guy showed up and I took him to the washer in the basement. I tell him the error the machine was saying (it's a front loader).  He starts to put a call into the service center to find out what to do, but they were busy and had him waiting. He turns on the machine to start a load and hears a click and says "I think something clogging the drain pipe." He asked if I had googled the error message. Nope didn't even think about it.  So he has his netbook and googles it and it says "clog of some sort."  Well the dandy of the story is there are clothes in the washer, with a lot of water so the door is locked.  He opens the access panel to get the door unlocked, and then opens the door.  Some water comes spilling out on the floor. I grab some old towels that were close buy to soak the water up.
I believe by now he hung up on the service center because he knows the problem.  He tells me that a clog is not covered under warrenty and I'll have to do it myself or pay $147.  He said I just needed the shop vac, so I went and got it, got down to the access panel and slowing started vaccuming water from the drain. This took a bit of time as I couldn't open the drain access completely or water would be everywhere. He did help me dump the water from the shop vac once as it had filled up.  When I finally got the water out, I opened the access to the drain.  It's kind of like a cap that screws off, not sure how to describe it.  Low and behold, there was the culprit - one of Chloe's socks.  It had twisted itself enough to get sucked into the drain.  Man, all those clothes smelled bad.  I washing them now and probably again and again to see if I can get the smell out.  Don't worry it was mostly Joel's sleep pants : ) Nothing that important.  The repair man says "since you did the work yourself, I won't charge you."  Gee thanks.

Maybe I can become a certified repair woman.   This worked out way better than I thought and way better than someone suggesting we just buy a new washer.  No thanks.  Good think Joel's mom had given us her old one so I could use that.  I think the washer broke on Saturday - that's why the clothes in it are super stinky. Although, I'm not sure which is worse.  The smelly clothes or the stupid skunk that's been outside our house at night for the past couple of nights except last night because of the snow.  At least the clothes I can attempt at getting clean and smelling good, otherwise they will be thrown away.  Can't get rid of the skunk so quick.  I did read that if we soak old clothes in ammonia and put those outside, that will repel skunks.  I might even be able to use some of the clothes from the washer.

Time to get some more work done.
Hope you like the pictures. I wanted to post some of Kylie's birthday but the formatting won't work. Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment