Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Rest of Vacation

To continue with what we did on vacation, I'll try to finish this time.
Wednesday Joel and I got some alone time so we went to a ghost town north of Yuma. It was an interesting place and only became a ghost town in 1979 when it was more expensive to separate the lead and silver from the galena silver that was mined there. Then just the two of us had dinner. Kylie got to go swimming with Grandpa while we were out.
Thursday was a laid back day, doing a bit of shopping and swimming. We went out for dinner at Burgers and Beer. It was good food. On Friday is was time to return home, so we drove the 3 hours to Mesa to get on our plane that left at 1:45.  Something crazy that happened was we were standing in line to check in for our flight to Grand Rapids and I look over and see a woman from my home town. Her and her husband were spending the winter in Mesa and her daughter lives in Grand Rapids and needed someone to watch her children while her babysitter went on vacation. So this woman was flying to GR. What a small world! She was telling me all these other people from town that are also in this RV park.  I don't know who's left in my hometown (my parents : )!  )

I think I forgot to mention the fun thing we did on Sunday (and if I already did, sorry).  Joel, Kylie and I went to a camel farm!  There were about 10-15 camels, some chickens, a zebra/donkey mix, sheep, donkeys, ostrich, emu, wallaroo, baby camel, and lots of goats. It was more a goat farm but that's okay. We got a cup of feed and got to feed most of the animals. Kylie loved feeding the goats.

I'm sure I forgot some things.  I just might scrapbook the trip this weekend as I'm going on a scrapbook weekend. It's close to home unlike the one I go to in July which is on the other side of the state.

The girls are liking their new school so far too. Kylie asks "after bed, what is it?" I tell her school and she says "yea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment