Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Frustrated

I am frustrated with just about everything at the moment. Let me list them.
1. Chloe has a fever of 101.8. I thought when I picked her up from day care she looked tired and after I fed her dinner I took her temperature. I gave her Tylenol and put her to bed.

The next two go together.
2. Joel isn't making any progress on the house. Just to recap, our whole downstairs isn't really livable. He needs to do the kitchen, bath, and dining areas as well as finish the living room (minor things in there). Oh, and there is a leak from the 2nd floor bath tub pipe that we have a storage container catching the water.
3. Joel isn't really home to work on any of the house. He's working overtime right now and it doesn't look like there's any end in sight. This has been happening all year and it's just tiring.  More for him. He came home tonight and was upset he wasn't here for Chloe and her fever. I told him I had it under control.  I'm not sure if he has to work this weekend.  I hope not. Kylie has a class at the library Saturday morning and then I'm taking her to Pinkalicious on Sunday. So he needs to watch Chloe and hopefully fix the leak.
I need to get better at preparing dinners ahead of time as it's 6 when I get home with the girls and it's nice to have some play time after dinner but if we don't get done eating until 7, we only get an hour of play and then it's time to get ready for bed, which seems to take an hour.

4. I couldn't give red platelets today at the blood bank because my iron is too low. It's been a point or two lower than what's allowed. I told her I tried to eat the iron rich foods like Cream of Wheat, but then I just read how coffee and tea inhibit iron absorption - oops.  She told me to drink orange juice as the vitamin C will help absorption and then try next week.  I went straight to the store and got the iron pills and some OJ. I had to take iron when I was pregnant but the type I had was awful because I couldn't take it with food and then I would usually just throw up because it made me so nauseous. I think I took them before bed and that helped but boy they were gross pills.

This isn't really a frustration but it will cause some worry. May 14 is Chloe's next developmental appointment.  I think she's on track but they are the official word of where she falls developmentally. I got the letter today reminding me of the date and that someone will call and come over to our house to do some pre-work like last time. I hope Joel can be around for that. She's got her cardiologist appointment on the 11th and her 15 month check on the 18th. We're going to be busy bees in May.  I know she also has an eye appointment sometime in June (I think it's June).

I should mention we had gone to Iowa this past weekend for my niece's First Communion.  It was nice going and I wish I had more time with my family. I'll be taking the girls in June when my brother is in town as well. That will be nice.  The visit was nice but I felt withdrawn. I don't know what was going on. I partially blame my mood on the Hunger Games books. I was reading Catching Fire.  I don't know how to put this but reading the book (don't want to give too much away) and reading large chunks at a time had this heaviness to it, like a sense of doom. I realize I need to stay away from those type of books because it's not what I need now.  I did finish the series so that's done.

Chloe's fever hasn't returned, maybe it's just a fluke. She had that once this year and it's happened to Kylie too.  I thought Kylie was going to be sick today because last night she fell asleep in the car and I put her in bed when we got home and she did not want to get up for anything. She slept for just over 12 hours!  Guess she had some catching up to do. She rarely seems to take a nap at day care, too much going on I guess.  It's hard to wake her up too. I would like to say "Mom and Dad, I am very sorry about how I acted when you would wake me up."  That goes to my brother and sisters too.  What goes around comes around.  I see me in Kylie when she doesn't want to get up and is grumpy - that's me, totally me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you maintain your sanity when suffering so much stress.
    I'm concerned about YOU - take care of YOU!
    Hang in there Lisa.
    Blessings to you and yours. You are all in my prayers Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lisa!

    Love,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete