Friday, April 13, 2012

Sorry

I want to start with an apology about yesterday's note.  It shouldn't matter if no one post or gives money, I hardly ever do myself on Facebook or emails, but yesterday I felt it did. I've got a lot going on right now that I can't write about.  This means I should be writing in my journal but I haven't.  I was feeling like I was in 3rd grade again and no one wanted to play with me or be my friend (can you see the need to be accepted coming through?).  I was alone.  I was feeling that way yesterday.  I know I shouldn't feel that way because I know people love me and do care, I was only looking at Blog results and that shows a different story.  I just feel no one wants to keep hearing about me and my life.  Things have calmed down considerably since last year.  I know I need to continue as part of healing - the real healing would be to read all I've written on Caring Bridge and here.   I do want to give a big Thank you to those that did comment and let you know you don't have to do it again.  I see you face to face or get texts and emails from you so I know you care.  And no one feel obligated to give money.  I had made $500 my personal goal when I signed up for the March of Dimes walk, then our work came out with an incentive package and if you reach the top ($500) you get all the perks they are giving.  One is executive recognition and I thought "if we get that maybe more people will hear our story."  I don't really know what the recognition is - our name on a piece of paper that the whole company sees and a letter from the CEO telling us thanks would be my guess now.
I'm putting this past in the past and moving forwarded for a brighter future.  That's what I have to keep telling myself.

I want to put the focus back on the girls in my life.  I said I would tell the story of a devotional I picked up and I'm ready to share.  This devotional says "Faith" on the front.  There were others that said "Hope" and "Love" but of course Faith spoke to me.  I picked this up over a lunch hour along with a wooden painted bird I found that said "Faith" and brought it into work. The bird sits on my desk.  I was showing off the Bible, New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs to our department administrator.  The front page has a piece of scripture and then "Presented To...By...On the Occasion of...Data"  I'm not sure what to put in there but the admin said I should put to me by Faith and that's a great idea.  I felt the scripture was actually talking to me.  It's says "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."  Hebrews 11:1. We have a plaque that says something similar but it didn't make sense until I read this version.  This is why we gave Faith her name.  I remember saying "I put my trust in the Lord and I'm praying his outcome is the outcome I want as well."  I thought it was too until that fateful morning of March 4 when we got the phone call from the doctor.


3 comments:

  1. Bless you Lisa. Your 'Faith', in all ways, is profound.
    You Hang In There! Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably don't see my stats on your blog since I signed up to "follow" your blog, so I get your posts by e-mail....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa all of us in Iowa love you very much, and I know you probably won't read this for a few more days because I will see you tonight, but the Holy Spirit was telling me that I needed to post this. God works in mysterious ways, and although we may not understand what He does all of the time, through the gift of faith He has given us, we know what He does is good and will bring us closer to Him. It is this faith, and trust in Jesus and His resurrection on Easter, that reassures us that we will meet Faith again in heaven when God calls us home. So when you think of Faith, think of God's everlasting love and the hope He has given us through Jesus.

    We love you very much and we will always be there for you no matter how far away we are, and we continue to pray that and your family find peace and joy.

    Love Always,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete