Thursday, April 5, 2012

I think I know what is weighing heavy on my heart about March of Dimes.
First, this is their mission statement:

The March of Dimes Mission
To improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. We carry out this mission through research, community services, education and advocacy to save babies' lives.

This is a good mission.  I don't know how much they do on educating about birth defects, when a defect is found.  As I said that might be on the doctor' shoulders. 
They also give grants and our doctor in Milwaukee has benefited from these grants for his TTTS research.

This isn't what's on my heart. What's on my heart is that we have a situation where we have one beautiful baby girl and one beautiful baby angel. It's puts us in a awful place. To have the happy and sad.  I feel like MOD only wants to hear the good stories and how things worked out well for all.  Happy ever after.  The stories posted at work are about twins born premature but are fine now, or the singleton births.  I can contact someone about sharing our story and I think Joel would like to (or is okay with it) but I don't know now. As I said, I believe we had more time with Faith because of the research.  But she did die. MOD does provides bereavement items and books. I think we got them at the hospital since DeVos has a MOD representative there. Who, by the way, was great.
I don't know, I feel so lost again.  I did have a good talk with my counselor yesterday. I just pray I can put into action her suggestions.

In other news:
Yesterday, Kylie said to me. "Mom, something happened at school." I was immediately alert and said "What?" She's looking at her thumb nail and says "I'm broken. Next time we go to church, I'm going to tell God I'm broken." Aw, that's sweet.  I said "Me too."  Her thumb nail was broken a bit and I realized right now I never did cut it. I think she forgot too.
She said something else that I wanted to make sure I write down. Now I forget. 

I do have to say she is calling Chloe "Buddha." I don't know where she got that from but it's "Buddha, Buddha, Buddha. Buddha Bear."

Chloe aka Buddha is such a cutie.  She gets this big grin on her face when she stands all by herself.  No more walking yet, but soon I'm sure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment